Here in our neighborhood, we’re excited that the East Chattanooga Rec Center will be hosting a collective National Night Out celebration for various cooperating neighborhood associations to support together, along with the Good Neighbor Network. Participating associations include:
- – Boyce Station
- – Highland Park
- – Glenwood
- – Glass Farm Block Leaders
- – Avondale
- – Lincoln Park
- – Wheeler
- – Battery Heights
On Tuesday evening, October 4, from 6-8 PM, NNO events are scheduled throughout the greater Chattanooga area to help build community, support crime prevention and safety efforts, and foster positive police and neighbor partnerships. They are also a chance for friends and neighbors to get acquainted, and celebrate one another through fun and food. This year marks the 33rd anniversary of this nationally celebrated evening. NNO began in 1984 as a way to encourage residents to actively participate in anti-crime initiatives within their neighborhoods. Across the country, NNO is coordinated by local neighborhood associations and police departments. Citywide, the Chattanooga Police Department is partnering with Chattanooga Neighborhood Services, the office of Economic and Community Development and the Department of Youth and Family Development for the events. Here in East Chattanooga, friends and neighbors can look forward to a variety of family friendly activities!
– GHC will sponsor a craft table where kids will be making masks and flower crowns (these can even compliment Halloween costumes later in the month!).
– Food will include treats and Hot Dogs provided by a generous private donor.
– GHC will sponsor a bounce house and face painting!
– The CPD will be out playing with kids, teaming up for hilarious 3-legged races.
– Capture memories in the always-popular photo booth!
– Get up-close and personal with the Chattanooga Fire Department fire trucks!
– Hart Gallery will be displaying colorful tiles that officers and kids design and paint together!
This promises to be a fun-filled evening and a chance for neighbors to unify for a great cause– Don’t miss it!