Glass Street Live is back Saturday, 11.6.2021!
We couldn’t be more excited to celebrate Glass Street at the community’s annual block party this Saturday. The line-up runs from 12-4 pm, with family-friendly (and free!) events all day.
Check out the full-ish run of show below, plus a spotlight on some of our vendors and partners. Things change quickly, so stay up to date on the day-of schedule or late-breaking events at our Facebook event page. Big thanks to our partners and sponsors this year, especially Chattanooga Neighborhoods Arts Partnership! Here is a digital map of the day to zoom in on the fun areas and where to park. Please put in 2513 North Chamberlain into your GPS if you are coming from outside of East Chatt as there will be multiple parking opportunities along North Chamberlain– Glass Street will be closed beginning at 10am.
GLASS STREET LIVE 2021 LINE-UP 12-4 PM
12 pm: We’ll kick off with remarks from our Glass Street LIVE event committee, music from the choir at World’s Church of the Living God, and opening thoughts from local politicians Councilwoman Demetrus Coonrod, Commissioner Warren Mackey and Commissioner Katherlyn Geter. Plus GHC Creative Strategist Erika Roberts will be bringing the hype all day!
12:35 pm: Dancing from Image and live set from DJ Dollaone, who will be rocking the block all day with our performers.
12:45 pm: Music from Marcus Dotson & Jackie Ramsey, an acclaimed vocalist and performer
1:25 pm: Performance from the Pop Up Project
1:45 pm: Band performance by 2 Deepwithin and spoken word performance called Liberation with Erika Roberts and Monalisa da Poet
2:25 pm: Live performances from 2$on and DJ Dollaone
2:45 pm: Extra, Extra Read All About! Glass House Collective Update with comments from GHC Advisory Council, GHC team and Jermaine Freeman from the Mayor’s Office. Jermaine will also introduce the dedication of the Little Free Library.
3:15 pm: DJ Dollaone keeps the vibes going
3:35 pm: Join a fun celebration in honor of our SWAY graduates
3:50 pm: Closing remarks and big gratitude from our team!
But there’s more…
- Screenprint your own GLASS STREET T-shirt with OurLuck Print
- FREE VACCINE CLINIC thanks to Hamilton County Health Department and Hope for the Inner City
- Check out an Art Show curated by Scenic City Side Shows featuring Daniel Flores, Jody Harris, Jaylon Harris, Keelah Harris, Chava Brown, Josiah Golson, and the late Morris Martin at Studio Everything, 2432 Glass Street
- Build it Green will host an Open House of their headquarters, 2430 Glass Street
- Pop in on a book signing at All Good’s Coffee and Bookstore, 2426 Glass Street
- Kid’s Zone featuring:
- ART120’s Creation Station for all things art
- Face painting
- Large yard games provided by City of Chattanooga’s Open Spaces
- CFC Blow Up Soccer field
- Live Mural by Olivia Reckert (2021 SWAY graduate)
- Make sure to check out Olga De Klein’s most recent larger than life addition to the wall at the corner of Glass/ N. Chamberlain
- Spray paint colorful dots on the street with AIA Chattanooga
- Come meet the Glass Farm neighbors and stakeholders at the “Meet Your Neighbors” open-air building and add some thoughts to an interactive installation
- Provide feedback to the future development of a City-owned Building on Glass Street
- Plus meet a troop of Newsies who will deliver a special-edition Glass Street LIVE newspaper
What’s Glass Street LIVE without amazing food trucks and vendors? Check out a growing list of participating food vendors.
- S&S Alkaline Shaved Ice for organic sweets and ices
- BigBuff BBQ for legendary ‘Q
- Queen Green for veggie dogs and other veggie fare
- Fud Vybez for jerk chicken, fish sandwiches, oxtail meals and more
- Ta’Bu Treats for lemonade, drinks, cookies, cake slices and COBBLER
- JUICE U and MORE for healthy, fresh fruit and veggie juices
- Ashanti’s Hair Designs will be serving bbq and their famous lemonade
We’ll have amazing merch available from Glass Street area businesses.
- Personal Touch Products: A variety of products, including cups, shirts, keychains and more
- AngeNea Collections: Candles, wax melts and coasters
- Kim’s Razzle Dazzle Shine $5 Bling: Paparazzi jewelry
- Princess Child Soaps: Artisan soaps
- Just Da Babies: Kids clothing
- Such.A.Lady Accessories & More: Accessories, jewelry and so much more
- LowKeyApparel 777: Posters and art
- Keith Landrum: Visual art
- Macarria Rose: All-natural relaxation products
Our neighborhood nonprofit partners will be out in force for the day, sharing information and raising awareness for important programs.
- Hope for the Inner City
- Hardy Elementary
- Hamilton County Health Department
- Covered by Doll
- Every Valley Leadership
- City of Chattanooga Open Spaces
- Chattanooga Neighborhood Arts Partnership
Big thanks to our sponsors that include: Hamilton County through Commissioner Geter; City of Chattanooga; Chambliss; Coca Cola United; Pinnacle Financial Partners; Q Strategies; AIA Chattanooga; ArtsBuild
- Chattanooga Neighborhoods (with an “s) Arts Partnership
- There’s no link to the digital map
- Kid Zone featuring: Check out Art120’s Creation Station
- Fud Vybez (not Veybez)
- Ta’Bu Treats (not Treates)
- Ashanti’s… lemonade (not lemonaid)