Nine semi-finalists were selected from more than 120 submissions from across the country by a jury comprised of representatives of Glass House Collective, Public Art Chattanooga, and neighborhood residents. A community vote was launched to determine the final 5 pieces that will be commissioned for the project. During a three-week voting period, 161 ballots were cast and the five proposals with the most public votes were:
Glass Street Community Public Art Project Finalists
• Nicky Falkenhayn, “Glass Houses”
• Weston Lambert, “Carved Glass & Stone Benches”
• Christopher Weed, “Colored Building Blocks”
• Christopher Weed, “Purple Cone Flowers”
• Catherine Woods, “Storyteller Grouping”
We are looking forward to this fall when the five benches that YOU chose will animate the sidewalks of Glass Street!